Coronavirus is spreading at a higher rate from person to person; thus, to stop the spreading of Coronavirus in your community, you need to be aware of various precautions that will help you and your family member avoid getting infected by the virus.
Though, you can follow several precautions such as wearing a mask, physical distancing, keeping the room well ventilated, cleaning your hands, coughing into a tissue, and avoid crowded places to prevent yourself and your family members from spreading coronavirus infection.
The outbreak of COVID19 has made every anxious about their life safety, and with the misguidance out there, it is difficult for everyone to figure out a way to protect themselves. However, you will find a way and necessary steps to prevent yourself from getting infected by the Coronavirus.
- How Coronavirus Infection Spreads?
There are different ways that people can get infected by the Coronavirus, and mainly it spreading from person to person. The following points will help you understand the cause of increasing coronavirus infection and make sure you avoid getting into these situations until the pandemic is over. Remember that there is no vaccine, which can prevent the spreading of coronavirus 2019.
- It can spread from person to person who is in close contact within the 6 feet of distance.
- Infected people can apply this virus through their respiratory droplets produced when they sneeze, talk, or cough.
- The droplets spread in the air can sit on the noses or mouth of the people standing or sitting near an infected person, and there are higher chances that they can inhale those droplets into their lunges.
- Moreover, recent studies showed that Coronavirus could spread from one person to another, even when they do not display any infected symptoms.
- What Things Can You Do To Avoid Spreading Coronavirus In Your Community?
- You Must Wash Your Hands More Often
Washing your hands will more frequently prevent you from spreading Coronavirus in your home or community. So, it is necessary to wash your hands with water and soap for more than 20 seconds, especially when you have been in crowded places or touch any metal or after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose. Though, you must wash your hands in the following situations:
- Before cooking or eating your food
- Before you touch your face for any purpose
- After you have visited a restroom
- After coming from public areas
- After coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- After you handled your mask
- After altering the diaper
- When you take care of a sick person
- After coming in contact with your pets and animals
- Though, if water and soap are not available at the movement, you can use a hand sanitizer that consists of more than 60% of alcohol. Make sure you apply the sanitizer and cover all the surfaces of your both hands and run them until they do not feel wet.
- Thus, make sure you do not touch your nose, eyes, and mouth with un-sanitized hands to prevent yourself from getting infected by the Coronavirus.
- Try To Avoid Coming In Close Contact
- Outside Your Home – make sure that you are 6 feet away from the other person in public places to avoid close contact.
- Key points to remember
- Even people with no symptoms of Coronavirus can spread the virus to other people.
- Stay away at least two arms’ length from another person.
- Try to maintain the distance because people are at higher risk of getting infected due to low immunity or other reasons.
- Inside Your House – make sure that you prevent yourself from coming in contact with an infected person because if you do not keep a healthy distance between you and the infected person, there are chances that you may also get infected.
- Use A Mask To Cover Your Nose And Mouth While Meeting With Other Peoples
You can spread the Coronavirus even when you do not know about whether you are sick or not.
Thus, a mask plays a vital role in protecting other people if you are sick by the coronavirus infection.
Ensure that people with health issues such as trouble breathing, incapacitated, unable to remove the mask without someone’s assistance should not wear a mask. And children aged below two years should not wear a mask to block area passage for the kids.
Try to avoid using masks meant for healthcare workers because they are battling to protect people from coronavirus infection, so they need those masks on higher notes. Such a cover includes N95 and surgical masks that reserved for online first responders and healthcare workers.
- Cover Sneezes And Coughs
- Ensure that you always cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough or use a bent elbow to avoid spreading those infected droplets in the air.
- Try avoiding spitting on the places.
- Throw the used tissue into the dustbin
- Make sure you wash your hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds. However, you can use a hand sanitizer consisting of 60% alcohol to avoid spreading coronavirus infection if you do not have access to water and soap.
- Disinfect And Clean
- You need to clean and disinfect those surfaces, which are more often touched, such as doorknobs, staircase, tables, light switches, handles, phones, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks, and keyboards.
- If all the surfaces are not clean, ensure that you clean the surfaces with soap and detergent before applying disinfection. Make sure you use a disinfectant that has over 60% alcohol.
- Analyze Your Health Frequently
- Ensure that you know the coronavirus infection symptoms and keep yourself under watch if you feel infected. You can analyze your symptoms like cough, fever, shortness of breathing, and Coronavirus’ other potential signs.
- Take your temperature to measure your body if you see any symptoms developed. Remember to avoid checking your body temperature after taking medication and workout as it can fluctuate your body temperature, and you must check it after 30 minutes of any activity.
The information mentioned above will help you prevent the spreading of coronavirus infection and avoid getting it to other people.